~The information provided on this blog are not proven facts, instead it is considered information from my own experience in this field
~Permanent Make-up is a cosmetic procedure of implanting pigment in between the epidermis and dermis layer of the skin also known as micro-pigmentation, derma-pigmentation, and permanent cosmetics. Permanent makeup specialist use tattooing techniques to apply definition and enhancements with pigmentation that would resemble makeup. Procedures include; Eyebrows (Microblade, Shade-in, both or Fill-in, & ombre), Eyeliner, Lip Liner, Full Lip color or Blend, Skin Camouflage, Beauty Mark, Imitation of Breast Areola etc... Doing PMU with machine enables the specialist to do a soft Shade-in on the eyebrows to enhance eyebrow color, or create a shape and fill it in, which I call a Fill-in. With the PMU machine you could also add definition to the eyes and lips by tattooing the eyeliner and lip liner. Another option for the lips is enhancing them by adding color to the full lips or doing a blend which is the outer lip liner & filling the lips in with color.
~The concept of PMU does fall into the same process as tattooing due to pigment inserting skin. PMU last between 1-3 years. The results may completely disappear between 5-10 years. A retouch to keep the color vibrant is recommended every 1-2 years. The PMU digital/rotary/coil machine automatically works the needle in and out the skin by the machine's mechanism.
~While, Microblading is a manual method of implanting pigment in hair-like strokes in the epidermis to create the look of fuller brows. Eyebrow Embroidery & 3D/6D Feather Hair Stroke methods are also components of Microblading. Microblading is a relatively new, manual method of PMU. It is considered to be permanent. However, as compared to a traditional tattoo it lasts less than the hair stroke techniques done with a machine. The fact that the insertion of the needles is done manually by the pressure of the specialist hand with a manual tool vs a machine’s stable rhythm insertion causes the thin crisp hair-like strokes to fade quicker than PMU with the machine. Microblading procedures last 1-2 years and is recommended to get a retouch every 12-18 months and no longer than 2 years. The natural-looking results are achieved with a sharp, hand-held manual blade made up of 7+ micro needles. Instead of outlining and completely filling in the outline of your brows with color, microblading actually allows for the placement of hair like strokes into the skin.
~All (PMU) permanent makeup technique falls under the guidelines of tattoo artistry due to pigment inserting the skin and require about the same aftercare. I highly require all procedures to follow a strict aftercare to obtain best results such as;
• Gently Applying ointment 3-5 times a day for 2 weeks
• No swimming, hot sauna, Jacuzzi for the first 2 weeks
• No direct sun exposure
• Nothing should be applied to procedure except lukewarm water, ointment and ice pack with sanitary care.
• Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower, keep your face away from the shower head.
• When showering, use low pressure water
• Do not soak area
• Absolutely no color pigments such as makeup near or on procedure
• DO NOT pick, rub, or clean the area with any soap or cleanser (Allow the scab to flake off naturally.)
• Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days
• No Facials, Botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
• Avoid Spicy Foods for the first 7 days for lip procedures
~Failure to follow post- procedure care requirements may cause loss of pigment, discoloration, change of color or infection. Colors may appear darker immediately following procedure. The procedure area usually scabs 3-7 days. As the healing progresses, colors will soften to its true color. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment or bodily fluid that is naturally exiting your skin. All first-time procedures are followed by one free retouch 5-8 weeks after the initial procedure (if done by Jessica's PMU, some specialist charge for the retouch).
~Both permanent makeup and microblading can benefit all regardless of age 18 years and older (not pregnant) and sex. They can help restore the confident that may have been lost if affected by alopecia, vitiligo, cancer (procedure may be done 6 months after chemotherapy), genetic disorders, and scars. Anyone that cannot produce eyebrow hair or lack full eyebrow hairs are good candidates as well. Numbing agents are applied to reduce pain. However, pain is relative while some feel more than others. Overall it feels like scratches/paper cuts. However, it's not unbearable. (Beauty is pain & with no pain there's no gain)
No more struggles, smudges, smears or worries about your makeup vanishing. Reduce your time getting ready (husbands/SO love that one!) You will love enhancing your look and not spending as much money & time on makeup. As time and styles change, you will be able to keep up with the new trends and reform your brows. LOOK BEAUTIFUL AND YOUNGER LONGER!!!
~I have the right to refuse service to anyone~
~Here are the steps I take for procedures;
Prior to procedure a consent form is read, filled and signed
1. The first hour I draw the shape in with removable pencil. This is the longest part and the most important step. During this time, the best customized shape for every client is chosen measuring angle per angle.
2. Following the chosen shape, a suited color is then chosen.
3. Next I apply numbing agent and let it set. With SPMU machine I work lightly then apply numbing agent or use manual tools to open pores and apply agent.
~Information is subject to change as new encounters in this field may be made.
Copyright 2017 Jessica's PMU